When you realize there are people who really do care about you and actually want to be your friend and be by your side, it gives you hope.
After all the let downs, the drama, the hating and bitching, when people prove that they can be genuine and nice, it feels nice.
It makes me feel like it is worth it, getting out of bed in the morning and going towards the future, building my life.
If it means building it alone, well so be it. If these people stick around and help me out and let me help them, even better.
I really believe friendship is something taken for granted. Something most people pretend to be until they get bored, it gets to hard...
Though you may have friends, I mean real friends, for a short space of time and then you move away, something happens and you can no longer keep in touch, something real happens, those friendships I really value those people.
Then I also have my very, very, very, few friends who have stood by me from the moment we met, years of friendship, sometimes closer sometimes further apart but both knowing no matter what we could always turn to one another for help.
Now we have the new people, the ones that we meet and never really think there will be any kind of friendship, which then we get the surprise that without talking to them every day we actually miss them. A lot.
There are so many kinds of friendships, these are the 3 main friendships I have right now in my life and am so thank full for.
You will all be with me, even if it is only part of the way to me following my dreams and I hope to be there for each and every one of you special people in whatever way you need or want me.
Just wanted to let you know that I'm reading the things you're writing, and that I really like how and what you write :)
ReplyDeleteIt's good to be thankful for friendships. no matter what kind they are