My passion for photography is something I've had since I was around 12. I love to take unguarded, natural photos. I'm not interested in people posing for the camera, in the perfect lighting, perfect angle... I want a photo that will speak to me. A photograph that will tell me a story and tell somebody else a completely different tale.
I'd love to be a model, as I love to pose. I don't have the body for it, nor do I have the face. Yes I am a beautiful girl, all girls are, but when it comes to having my photo taken, I hate it. Nobody has ever taken a photo of me that I have liked. I can't pose for other people as I get insanely self concious. I get nervous when people start taking photos; photos I might be in.
This is all a matter of self confidence. I know it is. Yet I don't know how to change it. I'm very happy as a person, I bounce around, I'm energetic, I love life, so where is this coming from?
This post I am writing because I just tried to photograph myself, trying to re-enact a Bettie Page photo, I hate the way I look in these photos. Yet looking from a different perspective, I find them dark and intriguing. I see something else, though I don't know what yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment