You know when you just have those days when you need a cuddle.
A cuddle from a person who you've pushed out of your head.
I had a dream about you last night; we were as we were and it has made me miss you even more. Made me miss just the times we had; the little things. I tried to tell myself I didn't fall for you. I pushed you from my mind as much as I could. Yet one simple, little dream has brought you back. Just the brush of your hand on my side; the way you would look and smile at me; even your voice how it calmed me.
That person I miss without wanting to. I miss the affection and the safety you gave me. How instantly you made it feel like everything was going to be okay; that I was okay.
I just want to be cuddled again. Just that feeling of it's going to be okay and that you're going to be there for me, as you have been, forever.
Yet already I've realised you won't be; that I shan't feel that again with you. That safety with you is gone; that feeling that you'll always be there has gone.
Yet more promises broken; forgotten.
I may feel safe again. I may feel okay again. Yes I know all of this is possible and with somebody else. But right now I miss you. I miss your feeling of safety and okay. I miss all that fantasy.
Again I'm lost and unsure at where to go; who to go to.
Why did you make me these promises I knew; you knew would never be kept?
No comments:
Post a Comment